Lyrical Christmas Performance

The Monday Lyrical class, with Cadence in pink, and Skye in black-Not Shown:Eli Stahl

Eli Stahl

Eli Stahl, Photo Journalist

Lyrical is a form of dance that is often overlooked, for it is mix of jazz and ballet. A student at AdVenture, Eli, dances in the Monday Lyrical class with two other girls. A studio in San Jose, Ballare Dance Centre, has a Christmas recital coming up, which is a big deal, considering the students only get three recitals throughout the season.

Some dancers dance for fun, some for something to do, while others dance to get better. Eli dances for the fun of it, and one of her friends in the class dances to get better at dancing. This girl practices every night, asks the teacher questions, and is almost never absent. Not surprisingly, she is a very advanced dancer.

Every Christmas, the Ballare Dance Centre puts on a show, often conjoining classes to make the dance routines shorter. The coaches, Mrs. Jen and Mrs. Kelly, send requests to their costume and shirt company to order their uniform shirts. They usually have some form of glitter, on both the boys and girls uniforms.

The dancers spend around three or four weeks practicing for the Christmas Recital. They usually have two dress rehearsals beforehand. Every dancer works hard, and their parents give up time to drive the dancers around. That being said, the Christmas Recital is a big deal. For more information about the Lyrical Christmas Recital at Ballare Dance Centre visit www.ballaredancecentre.com.