Student Exhibition Night

wednesday 10/11/17

Back to Article
Back to Article

Student Exhibition Night

One of the Student's projects at the first Exhibition Night

Ashley Nakagawa, Reporter

Student Exhibition Night was on Wednesday 10-11-17 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Student Exhibition Night is when students from AdVenture S.T.E.M showcase a project that they did that term (every 2-3 months). Afterschool professionals, assistant principals, parents, principals, and staff come to listen and watch the students talk about their projects. Students were to present in their Elective class.

For students to be ready to present they needed to set up a tri-fold that talks/shows information about their topic, they also known as a visual presentation. The night is like an open house for parents to see what is being done during school. 

Students were to be there at 4:45.  Students gave a 30 sec pitch, and then asked for questions. Parents gave comments on a comments sheet.

This Student Exhibition Night, most 7th grade students presented their carnival game project that they did in math. Others 7th grade students presented their periodic table. I asked Yasmine Correa How can the class improve? She replied ” I think the class can improve by having more project that are different and the class could be more quiet. 

After the first Student Exhibition Night (10-11-17) there’s another called Charity Fair. Charity Fair takes place on December 13, 2017. Charity Fair is when students from Adventure S.T.E.M study a charity that they would want to give money to and would make a product based on that charity to sell. All of the money goes to the charity that gets the most votes from the student council.