Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

This a picture of all the participants on the Herman Cross Country team, Right before they ran their first race of the season.

Isabella Bieganski, Reporter

During the fires last month, the air condition continued to get worse and worse. Due to the bad air quality, the Cross Country Finals was postponed to Wednesday, October 18. That was six days after the original date for the Cross Country Finals of  Thursday, October 12.

Mrs. St. Lawrence, cross country co-coach says, “I feel like the students were so excited for the meet, and then disappointed that the meet was moved.” She thought the postponement was unfair for the Herman team, and that they didn’t get enough time practice.

The meet was postponed because of the wild fires that had been going on. The fire’s smoke polluted our clean air, which affects our ability to run. The meet was moved to a more cleaner and safer day for the participants to run in.

When the meet was rescheduled last month, all the teams, schools, and coaches had to change their plans. The meet has always been In Gilroy. In Gilroy, the meet is settled in Christmas in the Park. Every meet that was ran was located at that same track in Gilroy, including the finals. 

The East Side Runner Minister are the people in charge, which means, they were responsible for changing the date of the finals. The coaches expected for the finals to be rescheduled. “We were sent a rainy day email on Monday, But I think the they should’ve sent the email sooner,” the coaches said.

At the finals, 2 of Herman’s “sub teams” got 1st place. The couches were proud of the team and how good they had placed in the meet. “I was proud of how much the team improved and that they tried their best”, co- coach Mrs. St. Lawrence said.

Do you think that cross country sounds fun? Well, if so, it will still be here next year. If you are interested in hearing more about how the cross country team did in the finals, or want to look deeper in why the meet was rescheduled, visit https://herman.schoolloop.com/

.

About the Writer
Isabella Bieganski, Reporter
Isabella Bieganski is a new student at AdVenture STEM and is currently 12 years old. In her free time, she loves to paint and do crafts. Isabella has been swimming for her local swim team for almost five years now. She loves to help people and animals. She also likes to do karate in her free time....
1 Comment

One Response to “Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition”

1. Jeremy Van Ham on December 4th, 2017 8:47 AM

good information, I thought the fires would do something to our teams.

[Reply]

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

Basketball Playoffs

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

Hockey Playoffs

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

Co-Ed Volleyball Finale

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Features

Herman’s Track and Field Team

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

NFL Draft 2018

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Events

California State Wrestling

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

Girls’ Soccer Season

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

On your mark, get set, GO! The Paralympics.

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

Sports

Girls Volleyball Ends Strong

• Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition

News

Winter Break: Winter Olympics

Cross Country vs. Bad Air Condition