Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

7th + C Girls Cross Country Team

August Pfeilsticker, Copy Editor

On Wednesday, October 18, 2017, the Herman Cross Country team went to regional finals and won first place in two categories. They won C Boys and C Girls out of a possible six categories. The coaches, Mrs. Keirns and Mrs. St. Lawrence, were really proud of the team’s performance. The first race officially started at 4:05 PM with C Boys/ All of the meets including the regional finals took  place at Christmas Hill Park in Gilroy. All of the official practices were held at Leonard Herman Intermediate school. 

The races/meets were scheduled every Thursday once a week. There was practices Tuesday and Wednesday. “Everyone at practice had practiced and worked their heart out and only thrived to get better and win,” said Nicolas Reed, the Captain of the C Boys.  “Nicolas is a very talented and gifted runner, he has carried our team and I am grateful for that,” said Anthony Valle from the C Boys.

We have queued an interview for the captain of the C Boys Cross Country Team, Nicolas Reed. Nic believes that our team will only be getting better, and only getting faster. He feels as if we are on the top.  “I expect next year to be the same or even better. I think we will only be going up, dominating the sport from here on out,” said Nicolas Reed.” We talked about how well he did, and how well his team did. I asked Nic, how well the C Boys did, and he said, “Really really good. I expected us to win. We were so close last year. I expect for the same thing to happen next year.” Nic believes that he has done the best he could have done this year, specifying the Championship race was his best over the whole season. “The championship race. I got my fastest time and got first place. I beat them with a decent lead.”

Overall this Cross Country year was pretty successful, we had won regional/finals in two categories, and a lot of hard work was put to the test. The 8th and 7th grade groups didn’t do the best as how C Boys and C Girls did, but 8th Grade Boys did pretty well. They didn’t win anything, but they were very fast. Same for the 8th Grade Girls. For the other schools that won in the other categories were Chaboya, and South Valley. These schools were really tough for the Leonard Herman team the whole year, they have a really strong 8th and 7th grade team.  

The season for Cross Country is over, but you can join us next year. Don’t miss out on kids running their heads off, and crying after the run because they have a good race. You can learn the schedule and more information about Cross Country in California at https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/MS/California/.

About the Writer
August Pfeilsticker, Copy Editor
August Pfeilsticker is a 12 year old, 7th grader at AdVenture STEM. He’s a Copy Editor for the Patriot Power publication. Being an Adventure student is a large responsibility. Students have to stay on top of their grades, always give the maximum to their work, and not relax on their projects. Some of August’s interests...
2 Comments

2 Responses to “Cross Country Team Goes to Finals”

1. Logan Perry on December 4th, 2017 8:55 AM

This article has great grammar and is very interesting with the words the writer used.

[Reply]

2. Christina Swaiss on December 4th, 2017 8:56 AM

Great article with interesting detail. I like the image it goes good with your artical

[Reply]

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

Basketball Playoffs

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

Hockey Playoffs

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

Co-Ed Volleyball Finale

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Features

Herman’s Track and Field Team

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

NFL Draft 2018

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Events

California State Wrestling

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

Girls’ Soccer Season

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

On your mark, get set, GO! The Paralympics.

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

Sports

Girls Volleyball Ends Strong

• Cross Country Team Goes to Finals

News

Winter Break: Winter Olympics

Cross Country Team Goes to Finals