Filed under Events, Informational, News

Herman and AdVenture 8th Grader’s Last Hurrah

Back to Article
Back to Article

As we come into the warmth and sunshine, as well as sprinkles of rain, we come closer to an important event occuring on Thursday, June 13th, 2019. Our 8th grade students at Leonard Herman Intermediate School, and Adventure STEM will be graduating middle school, soon. The people that will be participating to set up and conduct the graduation will be Jeremiah Podczaszy, Laura Meusel, AdVenture teachers and the secretaries, located in the front office of Herman Intermediate School.

Herman and AdVenture, 8th graders had been interviewed. The first question that was asked was, about how they felt about their upcoming graduation. Nate Ward, an 8th grade student at AdVenture stated “It’s just another day but also a special day for me.”

Layla Fisher, another 8th grade student also at AdVenture spoke out about how she felt about the graduation.  She stated, “I’m nervous, but excited, because I’m gonna go to high school and have new experiences, but [I’ll] miss the easiness of middle school.”

Mrs. Hogen-Esch, an AdVenture teacher, told how she felt when she was going to graduate 8th grade. “I would say I was pretty excited, because I was looking forward to taking different classes that middle school did not have.”

Middle school is a vital part high school since it prepares and creates a habit which you will get used to. For example, if you put forward your best work and create a habit of trying to get the best score that you can, then you are likely to succeed in high school.

If you are planning to come to the 8th grade graduation, there will be some things that are restricted. You will not be able to bring horns, noise makers of any kind, or balloons. The ceremony will be starting at 12:00 pm and ending at 1:00 pm.

Students from other schools also shared how they feel going to high school. Kristen Calso, an 8th grader from Quimby Oak middle school shared her feelings, “I’m kind of scared because the high school I’m going to is big and I think I’m going to get lost.”

Ella Keo says “I’m very excited because I’ve accomplished something in life and I get to experience another time graduating. It’s sad mostly because my friends are going to different schools and it’s like the last time we’d all be together.”

Our 8th graders at Herman and AdVenture STEM are looking forward to their big day! The advice given from Mrs. Hogen-Esch to 8th grade graduates is, “Try lots of things in high school; afterschool activities, sports and other classes out of your comfort zone.”

About the Writers
Athena Deleon, Reporter

Athena does not do things out of her comfort zone, but coming to the AdVenture STEM Program, her new friends make her feel comfortable enough to do things...

Jude Emanuel Ochoa, Reporter

Jude Emanuel Ochoa has a difficult middle name to pronounce and goes to Herman AdVenture. He has been going to AdVENTURE STEM for two years and is currently...

10 Comments

10 Responses to “Herman and AdVenture 8th Grader’s Last Hurrah”

1. Isabelle Dela Rosa on April 11th, 2019 8:17 AM

Very nice article, I like that you had also interviewed people from different schools, and a teacher. Great work!

2. Anthony Valle on April 11th, 2019 8:17 AM

Very good article I like how you interviewed some 8th graders from different schools on the topic.

3. Ishita Misra on April 11th, 2019 8:18 AM

I really liked how you started off your article. It was interesting to hear how 8th graders felt about graduating. This is a really well-written article, but there are some minor grammatical errors.

4. Anthony Gonzalez on April 11th, 2019 8:18 AM

I think your article was well written the only flaws that I saw throughout reading the article was that you guys were missing a few commas before some quotes. Other then that I think you guys did a good job and had a lot of content throughout your article related to the topic.

5. Declan Meyer on April 11th, 2019 8:21 AM

The article topic is good as well as the article. The only things I noticed was there were commas where they should not be and there is some information that is not really necessary and makes the article longer than it needs to be.

6. Aolani Rodriguez on April 11th, 2019 8:22 AM

I liked how you guys included how several 8th graders felt about graduating. I also like how you guys added some advice in the end from a teacher. Another thing that I liked was that you guys stated some information about graduation such as the time it starts and ends.

7. Allison Mak on April 11th, 2019 8:26 AM

I really liked how you shared someone’s previous experience. I also like how you included many 8th graders opinions on the thought of graduation.

8. Xavier Uy on April 11th, 2019 8:32 AM

I like this article because it talked about the 8th graders experiences and opinions on their last year.

9. Kevin Hong on April 11th, 2019 8:43 AM

I liked how you interviewed multiple 8th graders from different schools but if your going to mention Herman 8th graders then you should interview a Herman 8th grader. Also their were some minor grammatical errors but otherwise great article!

10. Khaled Darwich on April 11th, 2019 8:51 AM

I liked how you interviewed many 8th graders from this school and others schools and also a teacher, you got many perspectives about graduating to high school.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Herman and AdVenture 8th Grader’s Last Hurrah

Events

The End of Year Project

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

Entertainment

The AdVenture School Dance

Events

Many Killed in New Zealand Massacre

Entertainment

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

King of the Hammers

Events

Did You Miss The Festival At Half Moon Bay?

Events

The Tradition of Black Friday

Events

Charity Fair 2018

Events

The Death of a Marvel Hero