The AdVenture School Dance

Back to Article
Back to Article

The AdVenture School Dance

People laughing and dancing, with a DJ playing loud upbeat music, a variety of food, people talking and having fun with their friends. On June 11th, AdVenture will be having a school dance during school from 1:00pm to 2:30pm. Most people that go say that it’s fun and they have enjoyed it in previous years, although some people say that dances may not be as fun to them, they are able to still enjoy hanging out with their friends or eating the food. From what people have recalled from past AdVenture Dances, the food, the people, the dancing, and the music, it sounds very fun!

The variety of foods that are served at the Dances include cheese puffs, water bottles, gold fish, gummy bears, gummy worms, and many more treats. Two of the exciting activities that are hosted at the AdVenture Dances is corn hole and ping pong. The school dance is a good way of celebrating the end of the year and beginning of summer.

Phoebe Luong, a student at Herman AdVenture, said that she has been to two school dances before, one of them being the AdVenture school dance, she also says, “That she mostly comes just to eat and she mostly expects there to be awkward kids eating.” Generally, she looks forward to the school dances, she also says that they can be pretty boring, but she is still able to enjoy herself and have fun.

AJ Gerard, a student from in the AdVenture STEM program, said that he has been to two dances and he also is looking forward to the upcoming dance. AJ believes that of the people who go to dances, that there are two types, people who just come to eat and people who would come dance.

Hanna Dao, one of the students at Herman AdVenture, stated that she thought that if the school dance had more activities, it would be more fun. She doesn’t like the school dance and believes that there should be more choices.

Daniela Diaz, another current student at AdVenture Herman, has been to one school dance and it is her first year at AdVenture so she has not been to any of the required school dances. In her opinion, she thinks that dances “aren’t a big deal” and she would be OK with not going because she already goes to other after school activities such as sports, but she still enjoys them at times and likes being able to have fun and have time with friends. Daniela’s idea of a school dance is an after school activity where people can have fun with friends and usually what she expects is that there is good food, music, and a lot of fun with friends.

Overall people like going to the school dance, sometimes they might think that it can be boring at times, but still are able to enjoy themselves, and as it starts to come nearer and nearer to the day of the dance, people are starting to look forward to it more and more. The only problem for the school dance is not many people are dancing, but they are just sitting and eating. The people interviewed think that the 5th and 6th graders should have a different dance because they aren’t middle schoolers. Overall, dances can be a good time to celebrate the end of a school year, while eating and dancing to music with friends.

About the Writers
Isabelle Dela Rosa, Reporter

When Isabelle Dela Rosa and her family are watching or listening to music, they love to dance and sing to the song. Isabelle (Izzy) is currently a 7th...

Andrew Crumm, Reporter

Andrew Crumm has another side a much much brighter one and it is called Sargent Sparkles. Andrew is a 7th grade reporter who likes to play Fortnite and...

9 Comments

9 Responses to “The AdVenture School Dance”

1. Kathleen Ha on April 11th, 2019 8:16 AM

I like how you added in the thoughts and opinions of other students and what they think about the end of the year dance at AdVenture and/or just school dances at their previous schools!

2. Allison Mak on April 11th, 2019 8:19 AM

I like how you showed different perspective of the thoughts and feelings toward school dances.

3. Kevin Hong on April 11th, 2019 8:27 AM

Great article but there was a lot of specific information that wasn’t needed, otherwise a great article!

4. Xavier Uy on April 11th, 2019 8:30 AM

I like how you interviewed people that have been to the dance before and gave good points on how they felt at the dance.

5. Diego Flores on April 11th, 2019 8:30 AM

I liked how you got many different people and got their thoughts and experiences from previous dances that they have been to.

6. Kayla Brown on April 11th, 2019 8:33 AM

I liked how you interviewed many people and put all their opinions in about the dance, but you keep repeating “a student at AdVenture STEM,” so you might have wanted to reword that.But over all I thought it was great.

7. Kylie Gu on April 11th, 2019 8:36 AM

I liked how you have many different interviews and their opinion on the dance. I also liked how you added what was included in the dance and when it happens.

8. Athena Deleon on April 11th, 2019 8:38 AM

I though your article was really well put together it made me excited to see how this school dance will be, it just felt in some parts you would say something similar to what you had just said. But other than that I really enjoyed your article.

9. Ekaterina Kuzmenko on April 11th, 2019 8:39 AM

Overall it’s a good article and I liked how you showed different perspectives but you have a lot of run on sentences. Also when you were talking to Phoebe you wrote, “Phoebe Luong, a student at Herman AdVenture, said that she has been to two school dances before, one of them” being the AdVenture school dance, she also says, “That she mostly comes just to eat and she mostly expects there to be awkward kids eating.”” You can see how at the end you made a quote but isn’t the beginning of the paragraph also a quote. It should instead be, Phoebe Luong, a student at Herman AdVenture, said that, ” I have been to two school dances before, one of them being the AdVenture school dance,” she also says that, “I mostly comes just to eat and I mostly expects there to be awkward kids eating.” But overall its a good article.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

School Sports

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Why do you have social media?

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Stan Lee’s Life

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Is Fortnite taking over kids lives?

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Do You Feel Comfortable About Lying?

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Is Trying Too Hard To Be Happy Making You Sad?

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Have you ever felt guilty?

• The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

Dreams Podcast

The AdVenture School Dance