School Sports

Back to Article
Back to Article

School Sports

Sports are a source of entertainment and they were first introduced in Ancient Greece in the first Olympic Games, in 776 BC. The first sports introduced were chariot racing, wrestling, jumping, disk javelin, and many more. Herman and AdVenture has many sports including volleyball, basketball, Cross country, track and field, and more. We are about to hear from two students, Kaelyn Gormely, and Michelle Nehorai. Michelle Nehorai is on the B-team volleyball. And Kaelyn Gormley currently plays on the Girls Herman Soccer Team, and used to play cross country, track and field and basketball.

Michelle Nehorai is a current 7th grader at Herman AdVenture STEM who plays on the school volleyball B-team. Winning games as a team is really fun! Especially all the fun parts like scoring. “One of the important parts of our winning game was when my teammates would get the volleyball over the net because, it made them happy and positive.” says Michelle describing her winning game. Michelle plays with all of her friends, Sophie, Kenny, Rachel, Audrey, and many more people. Before Michelle started playing on an actual team, she knew how to play but she didn’t chose to play on a team with other students yet. She got inspired by her old friends that played volleyball on a team, so she then decided to join the team with her friends for this year.

The sport volleyball is played in Brazil, in Europe ( Mainly in Italy, the Netherlands, and countries from Eastern Europe), in Russia, and in other countries including China and the rest of Asia, as well as in the United States. At Herman AdVenture STEM we play volleyball as a sport as well. Many boys and girls tryout during the tryout season, and if they make it, they get to play games and go to practices after school. Many of our students play, they play with their friends and get to play games.  

Kaelyn Gormely is a 7th grade student at Herman AdVenture STEM. She plays girls basketball, girls soccer, track, and cross country. Her favorite sports are, soccer and track. Kaelyn’s dad suggested her to play a sport, so she really enjoyed it and started playing multiple sports. On Kaelyn’s soccer team they won a game which was the score, 6:0, and Kaelyn almost scored a goal! Kaelyn has played soccer for 9 ¼ years, track she started last year, and sam with cross country and basketball, she started playing last year.

Basketball is a very famous sport, there are many teams and many famous basketball players that we know today. The game of basketball as it is known today was created by Dr. James Naismith in December 1891 in Springfield, Massachusetts, to condition young athletes during cold months. It consisted of peach baskets and a soccer style ball. He published 13 rules for the new game.

Playing sports can be really fun, you have the chance to make new friends and spend more time with them. When you practice sports more, including games you get the opportunity to improve more and to become a better teammate or to become better at the sport. Spots also give everyone an opportunity to branch out and to meet new people. Sports is also a time to try new things, even though you may not be the most experienced, you can learn more about sports once you try it out.

About the Writer
Emma DeSagun, Reporter

Emma DeSagun usually likes to start her day by working on one of her original stories. She is currently a 12 year old, 7th grade student at the AdVenture...

8 Comments

8 Responses to “School Sports”

1. Diego Flores on April 11th, 2019 8:27 AM

I liked how you guys got an interview from one person that plays the sport you guys are talking about.

2. Anthony Gonzalez on April 11th, 2019 8:28 AM

I think you guys did a good job talking about a school related activities, by including a lot of information explaining Herman/AdVenture school sports.

3. Crumm on April 11th, 2019 8:28 AM

Nice article you should have a interview for every person in the sport so i is not just a few but i like how you did talk about a lot of the sports.

4. Ishita Misra on April 11th, 2019 8:30 AM

This was a really engaging article ! I liked how you got people’s perspective about what sports they play. However, in the fourth paragraph, when it says, “Kaelyn has played soccer for 9 ¼ years, track she started last year, and sam with cross country and basketball, she started playing last year,” I think the “sam” is supposed to be “same.” Other than that, this article was super fun to read!

5. Ritika Samant on April 11th, 2019 8:36 AM

I loved reading this article! I liked how you introduced the two interviewees in the conclusion of your intro paragraph. It was very informational and I could really tell that you put a lot of work and effort into this article. Good job!

6. Andrew Coscarelli on April 11th, 2019 8:36 AM

I agree, school sports sound fun, and look interesting. I might try out for them next year.

7. Xavier Uy on April 11th, 2019 8:37 AM

I like how the article has people that have played on the schools team for any sport.

8. Kylie Gu on April 11th, 2019 8:40 AM

I liked how you included some background information about sports in the intro and you added some interviews of people who plays sports and what their favorite part about that specific sport.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• School Sports

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

• School Sports

Entertainment

The AdVenture School Dance

• School Sports

Entertainment

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

• School Sports

Entertainment

Why do you have social media?

• School Sports

Entertainment

Stan Lee’s Life

• School Sports

Entertainment

Is Fortnite taking over kids lives?

• School Sports

Entertainment

Do You Feel Comfortable About Lying?

• School Sports

Entertainment

Is Trying Too Hard To Be Happy Making You Sad?

• School Sports

Entertainment

Have you ever felt guilty?

• School Sports

Entertainment

Dreams Podcast

School Sports