The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

On Friday, March 20th, the season of Spring finally arrived this year. Spring is a season about the blooming of many flowers and plants on the earth. It’s a season that begins in March and lasts all the way to June. However, there is so much more to spring than the blooming of flowers. There are many events that happen in the season such as the holiday Easter. Easter is a holiday to celebrate the victory over Jesus Christ’s death. Jesus’s resurrection represents the eternal life that is given to all of those that believe in him. In the holiday, there is an Easter feast. It’s an original pagan celebration in the beginning of spring, the feasts were to created to honor the pagan Saxon Goddess, Estre. To this present day, the meaning of Easter to many people is about honoring and recognizing Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead, and the promises of eternal life for all of those that believe in him. But, to everyone, Easter and spring means something different for themselves. Spring is also the time when the chapter of new life comes around, such as flowers grow to turn beautiful, and animals give birth to their young.

For many people’s belief, Easter is the time to celebrate the rising of Jesus from his tomb. Sean, a current student at Herman AdVenture STEM Program thinks of Easter as a time of celebration for Jesus.  “When I think of Easter, I think of Jesus rising from the dead, and a time to celebrate him”. Which is exactly what Easter is mean to be celebrated for. Many people also celebrate Easter in different ways. Sean celebrates Easter with his family, in which in the morning of Easter, his family and him goes to an Easter mass and go to church in the morning. During Easter, spring occurs. Spring is often known as the time when flowers come to full bloom and all of the plants “come to life”. To Sean, spring also resembles the time when all of the plants and flowers come to life. He says, “ Spring for me is a time when all of the flowers come to full bloom”.

Spring has a different meaning towards everyone, whether it’s the full bloom of flowers or the holidays during spring. Anneke, currently a 7th grade student at Herman AdVenture STEM,  thinks of spring as the “rebirth” of flowers and many plants. She says, “Spring for me is the flowers blooming, coming to life, the rebirth of them.”Not everyone is religious. Some people celebrate Easter by having their own traditions. A lot of people celebrate Easter by dying eggs, having egg hunts, hanging out with family, and seeing the Easter Bunny. Anneke and her family celebrate Easter by going on egg hunts, seeing the Easter Bunny, and hanging out with her cousins. Just because you are not religious does not mean that you cannot celebrate and have fun during Easter.

For many people, Easter is a big day to celebrate Jesus Christ rising from the dead. Emma, another 7th grade student at Herman AdVenture STEM, likes to celebrate Easter with her family. “My family is religious, we’re Christian. So, on Easter Sunday, we celebrate the time when Jesus Christ rose from the dead and defeated death”. Easter Sunday is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Easter is also a holiday in the middle of spring, and spring can mean many things for others. For Emma, she thinks of spring as the time when flowers come to full bloom and when the trees start to regrow their leaves.

Spring for many people is a time of the rebirth of flowers and when all of the plants come back to life from winter. This season is very important for this earth to have because it is the time of the rebirth of flowers and the regrowth of many trees leaves. Without Spring, humans would not survive in many ways. The weather would become unbalanced, since we would have no season in between winter and summer to transition with, in which we would get very sick. During spring, there is the holiday Easter. The meaning of Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ rising from the dead. Although, Easter can also mean dying eggs, the Easter bunny, family, and Easter masses to many other people, all in all it is a time to celebrate and have fun.

About the Writers
Allison Mak, Reporter

Allison Mak always loves to start the school day by going to her friends house to walk with them. She is currently a 7th grade student at the AdVenture...

Rowan Edwards, Reporter

Rowan Edwards is obsessed with collecting pencils around the AdVenture STEM campus. He is a 7th grade student and is also a reporter for the Patriot Power...

7 Comments

7 Responses to “The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter”

1. Emma Desagun on April 11th, 2019 8:28 AM

I like how you both interviewed people who are religious and celebrate the Easter holiday of when Jesus has risen from the dead.

2. Jude Ochoa on April 11th, 2019 8:32 AM

I like your article a lot because you pointed out all the different perspectives for easter and spring

3. Aolani Rodriguez on April 11th, 2019 8:32 AM

I like how you guys wrote how people first started to celebrate Easter. You could have shortened your paragraphs by splitting them into pieces. In the third paragraph you said “Some people celebrate Easter by having their own traditions. A lot of people celebrate Easter by dying eggs” but I believe that ‘dying’ should be spelt like dyeing. I also like how you guys included how different people celebrate Easter and what it means for them.

4. Kathleen Ha on April 11th, 2019 8:32 AM

Very informational and I like how you added some background information from how people who are religious celebrate Easter and how people who might not be religious celebrate Easter.

5. Athena Deleon on April 11th, 2019 8:33 AM

I really liked the way that you put everything out to be pretty smoothly with your article, the only thing I was hoping for was a scenario in the beginning instead of how you just jumped into Spring. Other than that I think you did a great job!

6. Ishita Misra on April 11th, 2019 8:33 AM

I liked how you included why Easter is celebrated and the meaning behind it. I learned a lot from reading this article!

7. Parker Thomsen on April 11th, 2019 8:49 AM

Huh, I never really knew about these meanings behind Easter, good article, I know I should have probably known what the celebration was for already, but my family is not religious, I enjoy science, mainly the astro-sciences, so I base my beliefs off of proof, I don’t believe there is a god but I don’t believe there is not one, I have not seen enough convincing evidence from either side to sway by belief, we have never seen any gods with our own eyes, at least there have been no proof that we have, and either way, eyewitness testimony is the worst source of proof for scientific research, we also know that the universe was formed from the big bang, before the big bang the mass of the universe was one, way smaller fiery ball of chaos traveling through the multiverse, but what about before that? Where did the mass and matter come from to form that ball, rule one of physics, astrophysics and quantum mechanics, the conservation of mass, no matter can be created or destroyed, so at the moment the best theory out there is that a greater force, maybe a god, created the mass to create the universe.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

The AdVenture School Dance

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

School Sports

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Why do you have social media?

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Stan Lee’s Life

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Is Fortnite taking over kids lives?

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Do You Feel Comfortable About Lying?

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Is Trying Too Hard To Be Happy Making You Sad?

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Have you ever felt guilty?

• The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Dreams Podcast

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter