Filed under Events, News

The Death of a Marvel Hero

Marvel has been around for many years with the help of actors and comic book writers. It all started in 1939 under the name Timely Comics and by the early 1950s, Marvel had generally become known as the Atlas Comics. Marvel Comics began in 1961, which was the year that the company launched The Fantastic Four and other superhero titles created by Steve Ditko, Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and many other artists.

On November 12, 2018, famous comic book writer, Stanley Martin Lieber (Stan Lee) died in Los Angeles, California at the age of 95. Millions were devastated by the loss. Many of Lee’s major accomplishments were known by many comic fans because his characters and his role in Marvel Industries. Among the hundreds of characters and teams that Stan Lee helped create, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Avengers, and the X-Men are among the more well known comic superheroes and superhero teams.

When he graduated from high school at the age of 16, Stan was hired as an editorial assistant for Timely Comics, and in 1942, he was promoted to the role of editor. By the time he had began writing comic-book scripts, he began being referred to as Stan Lee,.

In Stan Lee’s time, he was one of the most renowned comic book legends. After working with Marvel for nearly 60 years, Lee began on other projects that he did in his spare time.

Stan Lee first started working at an office in 1999 and he formed the Stan Lee Media, an Internet entertainment company built around his creations. Eventually, his role at Marvel became the chairman of Marvel. This is what gave Stan Lee an opportunity to have an important role in Marvel Industries.

He died at the Sinai Medical Center at Los Angeles, California. People thought Stan Lee died because of the many lung infections that he suffered from. He actually died from a heart attack on the way to the Medical Center. Stan Lee suffered from a lung infection called pneumonia. Pneumonia is a common lung infection caused by bacteria, a virus, or fungi.

After fans heard bad news about Stan Lee’s death many were devastated including some students at AdVenture Stem program.

Jude Ochoa currently in 7th grade at the AdVenture Stem Program said “It was tragic to hear that Stan Lee had to pass away, but I don’t know the feeling that I have of Stan Lee’s death since I was not close to him. Stan Lee did inspire me to draw more because I read his comics a little.”

Ariana Estrada another student at the AdVenture Stem Program said that “ Stan Lee was a really important person in Marvel and inspired my brother to draw, who inspired me to draw.”

After his first creation (Captain America) Stan Lee became known as one of Marvel’s most known artists. Marvel Industries will keep producing Marvel movies without Stan Lee but with his outstanding characters. Stan Lee’s Marvel superhero creations were Spider-Man, the X-Men, Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, the Fantastic Four, Black Panther, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch and Ant-Man. In every Marvel superhero fan there is spot in their heart that is touched by the death of Stan Lee, but his creations will always be remembered.

About the Writer
Rowan Edwards, Reporter

Rowan Edwards is obsessed with collecting pencils around the AdVenture STEM campus. He is a 7th grade student and is also a reporter for the Patriot Power...

12 Comments

12 Responses to “The Death of a Marvel Hero”

1. Xavier Uy on January 17th, 2019 8:15 AM

I really like how you chose a topic that some readers can connect to personally.

2. Kevin Hong on January 17th, 2019 8:15 AM

Overall great writing but some minor mistakes in grammar and spelling. Otherwise it was an outstanding article!

3. Ritika Samant on January 17th, 2019 8:16 AM

This article is brilliantly written. I liked how you talked about what Stan Lee did and what series of Marvel comics first came.

4. Aolani Rodriguez on January 17th, 2019 8:17 AM

I like how you included how Marvel comics first started.

5. Andrew Coscarelli on January 17th, 2019 8:18 AM

I agree with you when you said “His creations will be remembered forever”. As new Marvel movies are always coming out.

6. Diego Flores on January 17th, 2019 8:20 AM

Great information on what he was famous for.

7. Anthony Valle on January 17th, 2019 8:23 AM

This is a very nicely written article and it provides lots of info on what he did.

8. Isabelle Dela Rosa on January 17th, 2019 8:26 AM

I like how you add the dates of when and how he died, and the fact that you also added the superheros he created was a good idea.

9. Emma DeSagun on January 17th, 2019 8:27 AM

Very well written article. I really like how you included some of the 5 W’s and 1 H in some paragraphs. I would recommend that when beginning a new paragraph you would state Stan Lee’s name rather than saying, “He”, (The starting of your 6th paragraph).

10. Christian Miyoko on January 17th, 2019 8:32 AM

I liked how you guys intergrated a lot of information about Stan Lee’s background and how he actually died.

11. Khaled Darwich on January 17th, 2019 8:35 AM

I thought that this article was really good. I liked how Stan Lee made an impact on Marvel and on the superhero creations that he made.

12. Brandon Nguyen on March 21st, 2019 8:25 AM

I think that this article was really good. What I liked about this article is the fact that you told us what he was famous for and also told us how he inspired people to do different things like draw.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

The End of Year Project

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

Herman and AdVenture 8th Grader’s Last Hurrah

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Entertainment

The AdVenture School Dance

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

Many Killed in New Zealand Massacre

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Entertainment

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Entertainment

King of the Hammers

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

Did You Miss The Festival At Half Moon Bay?

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

The Tradition of Black Friday

• The Death of a Marvel Hero

Events

Charity Fair 2018

The Death of a Marvel Hero