Filed under Entertainment, Opinion

Is BO4 taking over the gaming community?

Gamers are amazing people. They have changed the way people are entertained. A new game has just been released and is going to change the field of gaming. The gaming brand Activision has released many violent and gory games about things that have happened in real life. Activision is also one of the most successful companies in the world.

One of the most popular games Activision has ever released was called Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. One of the worst rated games Activision has ever released was Call of Duty Infinite Warfare. This was because of how unrealistic it was, most Call of Duty fans were expecting a modern game but not like the one they released.

Something that every game wants to add is battle royale due to other games success. So Activision’s choice was to add a battle royale mode. They also have a zombies, campaign, and multiplayer mode so it has a lot of content. Adding a battle royale mode was a big risk to Activision’s career, but it worked out fine. 

7th grade Student of AdVENTURE STEM named Diego Trinidad-Ramirez’s opinion on this topic is “Yes, because Fortnite, the top game out there right now is starting lose views”. Another response from a 7th grade student at AdVENTURE STEM named Jacob Lopez  says “No, because it’s not free and it’s not cross play (two people playing together on different consoles. Example: XBOX playing with PS4).

One thing that makes Black Ops 4 (BO4) have good reviews is that they have a battle royale mode which is really popular right now. Battle Royale is the new thing right now, so every new game coming out is adding a battle royale mode. But most people won’t buy them because everyone thinks each new battle royale game is a replica of another.

BO4 is a much more difficult game which is why gamers are leaning toward Fortnite. Fortnite’s style is toony while BO4’s style is very realistic. Lots of popular streamers are still playing Fortnite which is keeping it alive. BO4 has almost taken down Fortnite at one point but failed. BO4 is still one of the most successful games out there, but Fortnite still remains on the top.

A lot of people are saying Fortnite is dying when it is really getting even more popular. A lot of people hate on Fortnite because they also think it’s just a copy of another battle royale game. But it really isn’t because they added their own unique concept of building. No other battle royale game has ever even thought about being able to build bridges in the air or walls to defend yourself.

In reality BO4 is just another non unique battle royale game. We are saying this from our opinion, our class, and everybody else. In conclusion Fortnite is on top of the gaming community and will be there for a very long time. With the amount of players Epic Games has around the world Fortnite will most definitely be one of the most successful games of all time.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Is BO4 taking over the gaming community?”

1. Diego Flores on January 17th, 2019 8:29 AM

I liked how you talked about what activision is good at, and some of their other games that did very well and other games that didn’t do well.

2. Sean Dieu on January 17th, 2019 8:41 AM

I agree with both points of view. But they have both their Pros and Cons

3. Jude Emanuel Ochoa on January 17th, 2019 8:43 AM

I like how they talked about how BO4 is a different game from Fortnite because they said it was more realistic while Fortnite was cartoony.

You must be logged in to post a comment.

• Is BO4 taking over the gaming community?

Entertainment

2018-2019 Talent Show

Entertainment

The AdVenture School Dance

Entertainment

School Sports

Entertainment

The Meaning Behind Spring and Easter

Entertainment

Why do you have social media?

Entertainment

Stan Lee’s Life

Entertainment

Is Fortnite taking over kids lives?

Entertainment

Do You Feel Comfortable About Lying?

Entertainment

Is Trying Too Hard To Be Happy Making You Sad?

Entertainment

Have you ever felt guilty?