Filed under Sports

Hockey Playoffs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Hockey Playoffs

The Stanley Cup is a hockey tournament, that has been going on since 1893. The Stanley Cup Playoffs, the end of the NHL season. The part of the season of where teams prove that they want to win, and get the Stanley Cup. The games will be hosted from April 11th, to June 13th. All of the games will be hosted in different hockey arenas of which belong to hockey teams who have made the playoffs.

That means the final match is between the Golden Knights and the Capitols. So far the the Golden Knights lead with one game won.The turnout for the next matches will probably be tremendous because of everyone that wants to see the victor and who will win the playoffs. The Stanley Cup Finals, or Playoffs are made to prove which team was the best that season.

I interviewed my close friend Christian who is a big hockey fan. He told me that he’s been watching hockey since he was 6 or 7. When I asked which team he hoped would win, he obviously said our home team, the sharks. He has played hockey before, not on ice but on concrete and pavement. He doesn’t want to be a pro hockey player but had considered it before.

There were several teams playing for the Stanley Cup and lots of them tried hard to win but many lost. In the first matches the teams that came out on top were the Predators, Sharks, Jets, The Golden Knights, Lightning, Bruins, Capitals, and The Penguins. Some games were close like the Bruins versus the Maple Leafs where the game ended 4 to 3. Some other games though like the Sharks versus the Ducks where they got beat hard in a 4 to 0 game. The second match winners were the Jets, Golden nights, Lightning, and Capitals.

What team will win, the Golden Knights, or the Capitals? All of the game results will be posted on the NHL website. For more information on The Stanley Cup go to the website: https://www.nhl.com/

About the Writers
Julian Gonzalez, Reporter

Julian Gonzalez is twelve years old. He is a seventh grader at AdVenture STEM. He likes to play video games a lot, and his favorite food is pizza. He aspires...

Brandon Vincze, Copy Editor

Brandon Vincze is a Layout Editor for the Patriot Power publication. Brandon likes to play Terraria with Nick Pierce. Some of his hobbies are hockey, video...