Filed under Sports

Co-Ed Volleyball Finale

This year’s Co-ed Intramural Volleyball league was exciting as expected. A fun experience for competitors who love the sport of volleyball. Volleyball is a sport where there are five players on the court and each of them try to hit the ball on the other side and hope the others team lets the ball hit the ground. If the other team does that, they score a point.

Five teams participated and entered this tournament (about 30 students, in all). In this tournament, you had to at least have two females and two males to participate in this Co-ed league. All of these games were hosted during lunch on the Herman black top. Each team had two games each for the regular season. Here are the teams: Gimme an F, Goofy Goobers, The Aces, MEGA Ka-Chow, and The V-Ballers.

The two teams who made it into the finals were Gimme an F, and Goofy Goobers. The Co-ed Intramural Volleyball league was created to expand an opportunity for students who love colleyball to continue playing for the school. It was an experience for students to collaborate with friends and enjoy a time of fun with each other.

The league was created by Mr. Marcoida, a P.E. teacher for Herman and AdVenture STEM. The league was created due to the passion and enjoyment of the sport by students. Staff members and teachers caught notice of this and created the Co-ed Intramural Volleyball league shortly after the school’s volleyball season ended. This was the first year for the league.

Mr. Marcoida said he would like to have it come around the following year as well. The thought of being on a team in this league, and participating in it sounds like fun, correct? Well take Tiffany’s thoughts on it, and her experience with this league.

“Since I was together with my team previously for the school Volleyball season, I could feel us grow and learn,” says Tiffany Hoang from the team Gimme an F. She liked the fact that you were able to pick your team, that is fair in itself, you pick who you are working with. “Since this was sort of an extension to our Volleyball season, although we weren’t taught anything new, we did manage to make our own progress, ” says Tiffany when asked about feeling growth of skill during this experience.

In the beginning she felt a struggle due to being away from the court for a month, it affected her and her team. But later in the intramural season, the team got committed and cut out their lunches for practice and games, contributing to their overall success.

The finals of this league/tournament happened on May 22, 2018 for Game 1 and on May 23, 2018 for Game 2. These two teams had a hard, and well fought matches. Both working so nicely together and having great communication with one and other.

The first game was won by  Goofy Gooobers 30-28. The next game was won by Gimme F 25-20. The last game, the finals was another tough match. Gimme an F won this game 15-7. This years Co-ed Intramural Volleyball champions are Gimme an F!

For more information you can check out Schoolloop for all of the updates, scores, and other information on the season.

About the Writer
August Pfeilsticker, Copy Editor

August Pfeilsticker is a 12 year old, 7th grader at AdVenture STEM. He's a Copy Editor for the Patriot Power publication. Being an Adventure student is...