Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Luke Pires & Antonio Padilla, Editor & Reporter

With the Nintendo Switch being a big hit with fans, it’s no surprise that Nintendo is rolling out some of their best games yet. Great hits like “Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild” and “Super Mario Odyssey” have won many awards including “Game of the Year” for “Breath of the Wild.” Nintendo is clearly pulling out their best games, including three promising upcoming Switch Games. These games have not been released yet, but are soon on their way. The titles are “Kirby Star Allies”, “Mario Tennis Aces” and “Sausage Sports Club,” all debuting this year 2018.

“Kirby Star Allies” will be released on March 16. This seems to be a promising game in the series that seems to take ideas from previous titles like “Kirby Super Star” and “Kirby’s Return to Dreamland.” Based off what we know so far, there is a dark presence residing in Dreamland’s forest, causing all kinds of mishap. “Mario Tennis Aces” is coming some time this spring 2018. With the recent “Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash” for the Wii U being a flop, one might think that Nintendo would be trying to stay away from the series, but this seems like it will be a hit. They have already confirmed a story mode, something that has not been done in the series in over 10 years.  “Sausage Sports Club” will be a digital game where many floppy-necked animals compete on a game show to win a series of games, like soccer, Capture the Flag and more.

A fellow Nintendo Switch owner, Nathaniel Ward, shared his thoughts on these games. He plans to buy “Kirby Star Allies” and he thinks it the best of the three. “That’s why I’m gonna buy it,” he says. The other games from the Kirby franchise he has played consists of “Kirby Planet Robobot” and “Kirby Triple Deluxe” both for the 3DS system.

Some fun facts about these games are that “Mario Tennis Aces” will be the first title in the series to have a story mode in over ten years. Somehow,  “Kirby Star Allies” has not been released yet and has already gotten a 5/5 from Best Buy. Sausage Sports Club will be up to 8 players in local multiplayer and will have a replayable co-op story mode. This means that instead of just little games you can also go on an adventure. Nintendo is always trying something new, which gives the fans a reason to stick with all these amazing games. 

Pullquote Photo

Nintendo’s philosophy is never to go the easy path; it’s always to challenge ourselves and try to do something new”

— Shigeru Miyamoto, Co-CEO of Nintendo

The lineup of great Nintendo Switch games is clearly not over. As a Nintendo Switch owner, I can guarantee I will be purchasing all three of these great titles. These three aren’t even all of they great upcoming games. There will also be “Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition”,  the horrific and action-packed “Attack on Titan 2” , the arts-and-crafts-like “Yoshi”, and the sharp and creative “TypoMan”. All of them are expected to get high ratings. Even if you don’t have a Nintendo Switch, some of these games will be on other consoles. But if you have another kind of console, however, I recommend making a “switch” of consoles and buying one.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?”

1. August Pfeilsticker on March 15th, 2018 1:55 PM

This was truly a beautiful written article on a new game console released this year. Already so much potential shown from the author, along with the Nintendo Switch. These upcoming releases for the Switch seem so promising.

[Reply]

2. Michael Wilkinson on March 16th, 2018 8:17 AM

I had know idea that most of these games were coming out; I will plan to look in to them more.

[Reply]

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

An intro to CoD Zombies

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Dutch Food

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Bored? Try Cardboard!

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

PUBG: Player Unkown’s Battle Grounds

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

New anime coming with the new season!

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Fortnite Battle Royale–takes the world by storm

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

What is March Meme?

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Silicon Valley Comic Con 2018

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Got Talent?

• Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?

Entertainment

Kirby Star Allies: Copy That!

Nintendo Switch: What’s the Sitch?