Wrong Landing!

Casey Fritzen, Reporter

It was Saturday, July 22, 2017. Casey Fritzen was on his way to Metcalf. Metcalf is a dirt bike park where you can ride and do races. Casey was with a professional motocross rider named Ryan. Ryan used to ride pro motocross but he know going to college and stopped competing. Casey just got to the parking lot and got his gear on. Ryan introduced  me to a man name Ron it was Ryan pro coach. Casey went riding going on jumps and getting a lot of tips from Ryan and Ron.

They got back to the parking lot to eat it was around 1:00 pm. When they finished eating they went back to ride. Ron and Ryan Casey went to the jumps. Casey went first and went on the medium jump when Casey bike hit the ground. It was a great landing but Casey put the bike in 1st gear when he was in 4th in air. Casey flew over the bar’s almost doing a front flip but landing on his face. Ron helped Casey backup and gave Casey more tips.

Casey went on the dirt bike motocross track. Casey raced around the track approaching the jump at 30 mph. Casey wanted air so he popped the bike to 5th gear. Casey was turning almost about to hit the jump. Casey leaned to the corner it was a strait away to the jump and Casey put the bike to 4th gear to lose some speed but Casey push the clutch in at the wrong time and put their  bike in neutral. Ron and Ryan in the corner waiting for me to hit air  But Casey lost control and fell. The bike flick him off like a rag doll.

Ryan said I saw him put the bike in 4th gear before he fell. Ryan said Casey was looking down trying to fix the problem but lost control. Ron said it looked very pain full. Ron also stated when Casey fell his visor of his helmet broke. Ron said he recorded the hole thing and sent it to Casey.  After Casey fell Ryan ran to Casey getting his bike out of the way from other bikers and then grabbed me. Casey had a minor concussion but was fine. They rode slowly back to the parking lot and packed up.

They drove back to Ryan home and watched motocross. Casey had a big ice pack on his head while watching. Ron told Casey  that next time you ride you don’t have your foot on the gears. Casey now never puts his foot on the gears only when he switches gears. Sadly Ron is no longer with us today. But if  it was not for Ryan, Casey would of been hurt more from getting hit my other dirt bikes.

About the Writer
Casey Fritzen, Editor
Casey Fritzen is a student at AdVenture STEM. Casey’s favorite subjects are science, history and PE. His favorite things to do are ride dirt bikes and skateboards. Casey runs cross country for his school, and he does martial arts in his own time. His favorite thing to do at school is to talk to new...
7 Comments

7 Responses to “Wrong Landing!”

1. Hannah Nguyen on February 12th, 2018 8:23 AM

great article 🙂

[Reply]

2. Andre Winkel on February 12th, 2018 8:23 AM

Wow Casey, that’s an interesting article.

[Reply]

3. Lucas Perez on February 12th, 2018 8:23 AM

Great story. It was very interesting and made me want to read more.

[Reply]

4. Arjun Mann on February 12th, 2018 8:26 AM

Interesting article Casey!
    Good Job!

[Reply]

5. Ariel Velasquez on February 12th, 2018 8:26 AM

I love this article! It’s very interesting.

[Reply]

6. Michael Wilkinson on February 12th, 2018 8:29 AM

This was an amazing article, Casey. I love how you wrote it like and actual story with a beginning middle and end. I really like how you introduced the conflict in the story, but I felt like the rising action was a bit off. When you introduced the resolution I was surprised at how good and realistic it was for the situation. 9/10 needs better rising action.

[Reply]

7. Brady on March 2nd, 2018 5:34 AM

Interesting article, I like the wording used in it.

[Reply]

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

Basketball Playoffs

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

Hockey Playoffs

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

Co-Ed Volleyball Finale

• Wrong Landing!

Features

Herman’s Track and Field Team

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

NFL Draft 2018

• Wrong Landing!

Events

California State Wrestling

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

Girls’ Soccer Season

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

On your mark, get set, GO! The Paralympics.

• Wrong Landing!

Sports

Girls Volleyball Ends Strong

• Wrong Landing!

News

Winter Break: Winter Olympics

Wrong Landing!