AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Logan Perry

More stories from Logan Perry

On December 13th, AdVenture STEM will hold its 3rd annual Charity Fair. This Charity Fair is held because the teachers of AdVenture want their students to know the feeling of owning a company since they might own one in the future. The overall objective of this project is to present your charity to an audience and the audience votes on what charity they want to donate to. The charity that is chosen gets all the money AdVenture STEM raises at the Charity Fair.

Every November, students form groups for the second largest project of the year. Each group has three people in it. First, every group has to choose a charity because you can’t donate to a charity if you don’t have one. Second, every group has to choose a product to make because you need to make money. Third, every group has to make an Ignite presentation that tells their charity’s story and convinces people to vote for it. Lastly, every group is required to make a trifold because they also have to present their product to their customers.

Every Charity Fair is made up of two parts: the group’s presentation and the part where you sell your product. For the first part of the Charity Fair, your group delivers a 2-minute Ignite presentation. When your presentation is finished your teacher grabs some voting papers and they vote on which charity they want to donate to. The last part, which lasts for one hour, is the time every group presents their product they hope their customers will buy.

A member of the student body at AdVenture STEM, Nate Ward, told me, “My favorite part of the Charity Fair is when you sell your product because you get to make money and it is cool because you are running your own company.” He told our interviewer that his group is called Helping Hands. His group’s chosen charity is Veteran’s Supportive Services Agency (VSSA), a charity is based in San Jose. Their main goal is to help and save injured veterans. That is where he got the ‘helping’ in his company name.

The next event at AdVenture STEM is Honor Roll. At Honor Roll, there are three different categories: Honor Roll, Principal’s List, and Highest Honor. The first category and the easiest to get into is Honor Roll. To earn Honor Roll, you need to have a 3.0 to 3.5 GPA. To get into the second category, Principal’s List, you need to have a 3.5 to 3.99 GPA. To earn the highest and best category, Highest Honor, you need to have a 4.0 GPA. This event will be held on February 18, 2018.

About the Writer
Logan Perry, Copy Editor
Logan is a 13-year-old boy at AdVenture Stem. He is in 7th grade and is a copy editor for the Patriot Power publication. His main hobbies are soccer, football, and video games. He has done cross country in school, in which his team won 1st place in their division. He has also played for the...
7 Comments

7 Responses to “AdVenture STEM Charity Fair”

1. Christina Swaiss on December 4th, 2017 8:48 AM

Good job with adding detail in your artical

[Reply]

2. Luke Pires on December 4th, 2017 8:55 AM

Good job, I liked how much information you gave me. However, there could be a larger variety of vocabulary.

[Reply]

3. August Pfeilsticker on December 4th, 2017 8:59 AM

Great explanation of the Charity Fair, also a very nice picture. Great explanation of showing the data for the Honor Roll event also coming.

[Reply]

4. Julian Gonzalez on December 4th, 2017 8:59 AM

I like how each paragraph was about a different part of chairty fair instead of all the information being in one giant paragraph.

[Reply]

5. Mason Firebaugh on January 17th, 2018 9:49 AM

This is a great article It show people what charity fair is and what the kids have to do

[Reply]

6. Hayden Hogen-Esch on January 17th, 2018 9:51 AM

Good job guys! I like the amount of info that you gave in the article. you should try to use different words though.

[Reply]

7. Nicolas Ramos on January 17th, 2018 9:51 AM

Nice job, I liked how you sequenced your information.

[Reply]

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

The Final Countdown

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

Spring Carnival Raises Awareness

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

A day of fun for students

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

California State Wrestling

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

The Final Countdown

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

Trip to DC, NYC and Philly

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Entertainment

Arjun’s Experience of Going to College at Twelve

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Entertainment

A Triple Day of Fun in Tahoe

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Events

Been there, done that. Got the Bear Valley t-shirt.

• AdVenture STEM Charity Fair

Entertainment

A Surprise Trip to Hell’s Kitchen

AdVenture STEM Charity Fair