My Hero

The Taj Mahal, Near Jaipur and Lucknow

The Taj Mahal, Near Jaipur and Lucknow

The Taj Mahal, Near Jaipur and Lucknow

Arjun Mann, Reporter

Mothers, moms or motherly figures are all the same. They have the same thoughts and feelings for you and love you whether you just got an F on a really big, important test or you pester and annoy them a whole bunch.  They have the busiest job in the house, from cleaning the house to dropping you off at school in the morning, then figuring out financial dilemmas  with their partner.

We all have those special people in our lives, right? The hero in my life is my mom because she is the one that brought me into this world and has taken care of me ever since I was born. She loves going to the mall and watching shows about family drama. She gives my life meaning and loves me, my sister and dad greatly, no matter how much we pester her.

My mom was born in India, in the year of 1975, so she’s still pretty young. She and my Dad moved to the USA because they wanted a better and brighter future for their daughter and future son. At that time I was not born yet and my sister was about 4 years old.

They also moved so they could get better jobs and financially support me and my sister over the years. My mom is very happy with where she is living. She has all that she needs–a “wonderful family and house,” and she is “content” with all that she has.

As for me, however, things were all going good, all according to plan, accept that is was time for me to come out as I was getting a bit too big for my mom in her tummy. I ended up coming out in Orlando, Florida. My mom was very upset that I had come out early as she and my dad were not ready yet, especially financially.

Within the next few years however so much has changed, from living with my uncle, to moving to California with a family friend. I also went to a new school after Hayes Elementary from Kindergarten to 4th grade then changed for 5th grade, called AdVENTURE, STEM, at Herman. For high school I plan to go to Santa Teresa, and then to college where I plan to study Aerospace Engineering.

Now after I’ve been in AdVENTURE for just about three years, my thoughts have changed. From having a couple friends and not knowing much about anyone or anything, to having tons of friends and knowing lots about my friends and the school.

I am grateful to my mom, my hero, for all the sacrifices she made so I could have this life.

4 Comments

4 Responses to “My Hero”

1. Ariel Velasquez on February 12th, 2018 8:17 am

I like your article. You gave a lot of information which made it really interesting!

[Reply]

2. Logan Perry on February 12th, 2018 8:17 am

This article is very descriptive but I thought articles were supposed to be in the third person.

[Reply]

3. Michael Wilkinson on February 12th, 2018 8:23 am

Great transition from who your mom is to how she affected your life.

[Reply]

4. Antonio Padilla on February 12th, 2018 8:28 am

Your article is amazing! I think it’s too long though.

[Reply]

• My Hero

Features

An Unexpected Hero

• My Hero

Features

From Vietnam to America: Not Exactly a Hero

• My Hero

Features

A Young Girl’s Hero

• My Hero

Features

The 1970 Philippine Corruption

• My Hero

Features

Demone Carter; educator, entertainer, emcee, and rapper

• My Hero

Features

A Polish Hero

• My Hero

Features

One of the many unassuming heroes in our community

• My Hero

Features

Unassuming Heroes

• My Hero

Features

Normal people, big heroes

• My Hero

Features

One Unassuming Hero

My Hero