Unassuming Heroes

Thank you Mom

Thank you Mom

Sasha McLin, Reporter

I would say that my mom is the hero in my life. She  helped me through my brothers recent disaster, my sister’s surgeries, my dad’s sudden but short cancer appearance, and a crisis when my dogs recently ingested rat poison. She always takes care of us and works hard towards her goal of teaching, her lifelong dream; to teach everyone and help the next generation

I made one fatal mistake: I haven’t thought of my mom as a life changer, Just a mom. Here’s to you Mom, For all that you do, My Hero.”

— Sasha McLin

She does everything she can do to make our life worthwhile and enjoyable. She fought to land a job in the Oakgrove School District so she could be closer to us and prepare children for a good career. If I would choose any hero in this world it would be her.

Olena McLin started off in a city in Ukraine named Vinnytsia. She lived in a small apartment building with her brother, dad and mom. She studied day and night for her quizzes and did things without prompting from her mother. She was very independent and always strived for success.

Olena grew and became a teacher. When she met my dad, she moved to the United States and started to teach at Russo Academy in Alum Rock. She helped many students grow and development. When her children came along, she stayed at Russo until we were ready to come here to AdVenture STEM. Then she moved to the Oakgrove School District and started teaching at Anderson. She has worked hard to get where she is and I applaud her.

Hero’s are someone you look up to and they believe in everything they do. I look up to my mom in the same way someone would look up to a super hero who saved their life. She saved my life by helping everyone around me. She  helped my sister with all her surgeries to help correct her Cerebral Palsy. She has saved my brother and supported him when his life changed in an instant. He was pinned against his motorcycle because a car ran into him. She also helped my Dad who was found with an early stage of skin cancer and gave him the correct medications. She has helped my dogs to when both of them ingested rat poison. She took action and got one of the dogs to cough it up.

My mom has also helped me. She has been there for me when I was sad, and we always spend time with each other. My sister is closer to my dad while I am closer to my mom. We are similar in more ways than one. She’s my look alike but as an adult, and I can’t thank her enough for bring me into this world to be with my family. We have had our ups and downs, but she has helped us power through them all.

Thank you Mom for all that you do…