Volleyball Unit in PE

Buena Park Junior High students play volleyball in their physical education class. Buena Park Junior High School started their academic semester on August 11th.

///ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: school.calendar-9/2/14-KYUSUNG GONG, STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER Ð More school districts are moving to start dates before Labor Day or even mid August. Buena Park is one of the schools that started Aug. 11, the earliest start date. Sarah will talk to students during lunch about what they think about the early start date.

STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER

Buena Park Junior High students play volleyball in their physical education class. Buena Park Junior High School started their academic semester on August 11th. ///ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: school.calendar-9/2/14-KYUSUNG GONG, STAFF PHOTOGRAPHER Ð More school districts are moving to start dates before Labor Day or even mid August. Buena Park is one of the schools that started Aug. 11, the earliest start date. Sarah will talk to students during lunch about what they think about the early start date.

Arjun Mann and Mason Firebaugh

In Adventure/Herman PE, students are doing volleyball as their unit. Volleyball is a sport where there are five or six players on one team. To play volleyball, you try to keep the ball in the air and not let it touch the ground. You have to send it over the net for the opposing team to hit back to you. You and the opposing team only get three touches on the same side. An you can only touch the ball when it is on your side.

PE teachers want to teach kids how to work together and collaborate together to score goals and win. This unit allows students to learn new things about their teammates and about the sport of volleyball. Why teachers started this volleyball unit is so students can learn how to work together, collaborate and be knowledgeable about volleyball, so they can pass that knowledge on to others.

Ms. Johnston, the P.E teacher for 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade, said she was a little disappointed in the unit this year. The majority of the classes are comprised of Herman instead of AdVenture students. Ms. Johnston thinks AdVenture students have a high skill level and she expected more from her mixed classes.

This volleyball unit began October 28 and ended before Thanksgiving  on November 17th. Ms. Johnston likes the volleyball unit because it challenges her and her students to practice and work harder. Even Mrs. Johnston says, “practice, practice, practice,” because that is one of the many key elements to volleyball.

To get more information go to https://www.theartofcoachingvolleyball.com/basic-volleyball-rules-and-terminology/. You will learn the basics about volleyball in this website and you will learn how to serve and the basic rules of the game.

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Volleyball Unit in PE”

1. Daniel Kafeety on January 17th, 2018 9:28 AM

Very nice article, I like how you interviewed a teacher here!

[Reply]

2. Michael Wilkinson on January 17th, 2018 9:33 AM

I like the article a lot! The only thing I would like to point out is that most people reading the article would not need an explanation on how to play volleyball.

[Reply]

3. Brandon Vincze on January 17th, 2018 9:36 AM

Very good but the same thing michael said, that the people don’t need an explanation on how to play volley ball.

[Reply]

4. Casey Fritzen on January 17th, 2018 9:37 AM

Great article, You tell us why the PE teachers help us collaborate

[Reply]

5. Izabelle Larson on January 17th, 2018 9:43 AM

I like how you explained the sport and why its good for the kids. I also like how you added a link at the end for people who would be interested in learning more.

[Reply]

6. Arjun Mann on January 17th, 2018 9:43 AM

Great job Mason lots of detail and I like that you included a teachers point of view.

[Reply]

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Immigration is important

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Stephen Hawking–an inspiration to many

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

The Losses. The March.

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Status on Student Council

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

The last male of a subspecies dies at age 45

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Toys R Us is coming to a end!

• Volleyball Unit in PE

Entertainment

Winter Break Mall Adventures

• Volleyball Unit in PE

Entertainment

Powerful Women’s Rights Play

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Taking care of a newborn

• Volleyball Unit in PE

News

Winter Break: Winter Olympics

Volleyball Unit in PE